Tuesday 28 April 2015

2 Wheel Self Balancing Robot - Robot body

So there are three general components to this project:
1) Electronics hardware
2) Robot body
3) PID
4) Code  (other than PID)

I will be making more posts going into details about topics (1) (3) and (4).
For this post I will speak about the easiest part, part (2).

So by this point I had tested everything individually. Had to put it together then start tuning the PID. 


Got a battery holder from Sim Lim tower that could hold up to 8 * AA batteries. Thats a grand total of 12 possible Volts. 



I used solder to complete the circuit, since I was using less than the maximum number of batteries. 



Had ran out of wire so I just used jumper cable everywhere.

 Because I refused to pay $30 for the robot body kit, I had to improvise and build a body from things I had lying around. The major contributors were foam, zip ties and blue-tack. 


The final product.


This made me realize how much resources are at our disposal all around us; we just need to use our creativity. That's the reason why I classified this process as a major section of the project, although it was done in just a few hours. Currently I took this apart so that I could savage the foam and Arduino for other purposes, but I think over the summer I will revive it with a better body. Will take a video then and upload it.

No comments:

Post a Comment