Tuesday 20 October 2015

Absence and updates

It has been a long time since my last post and the reason for that is because I was involved in a start up! We taught computational thinking and I was the main Python instructor. Along the way I learned bootstrap and actually set up our website. A few pages are still not done. You can check it out here: www.thekrono.com.


So last week I met up with a friend to help him get his proximity sensor up and running with Arduino. Then I realized how much I missed working with Arduino. My own FYP is purely software(more on that in another post), so sadly I wont get to play with hardware.

I've decided to hold some Arduino workshops for Open Source Society, since so many people seem to need to learn Arduino. I will start on Sunday (trial class with friends) and then hold the first proper one on Thursday. I will be calling this series 'Tinkering Thursdays : Arduino 101'.

Meanwhile I have been eyeing a NFC card reader shied that works with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
It is called 'PN532 NFC/RFID Controller Shield for Arduino'. I am wondering if I should get the original (will cost me 50-70) or a third party one from DX.com (will cost me 30). Will give an update on it once I have bought it and tried it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment