Friday 30 October 2015

To the skies...after some repairs

I bought these two spoil quadcopters on carousell. They cost me $18. I figured I can open them up to see how they tick for a low price. Plus, I'm sure not everything is spoil (like the RC controllers might be working). 




Here I have opened up one of them. The frame is surprisingly sturdy.


The motors being connected to the micro-controller.

The battery seems bloated. Might be why it isn't working.


I went to find out what the things written on the battery mean. the 300mAh is pretty standard.
15C, which I originally thought was optimal working temperature, turns out to be 15 capacity. This means it can be discharged at a maximum rate of 15 times its capacity. In this case, 4500mA (4.5A).
Also learned about multiple cells being grouped together in series(S notation), to increase voltage, and parallel (P notation), to increase capacity. The battery I have is a single cell.

Still trying to find out what the first line means (I suspect it is the 'model' number) and the last one (initially I thought it was date of manufacturing but then I saw a picture of a battery with 3 digits in the middle). Once I have done that, I can order replacements.

Edit: Asked a friend. He also thinks it is date of manufacturing. Also suggested that 752030 could be dimensions. Sounds legit.
Asked Reddit (r/diydrones) as well. Waiting to hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment